Wednesday, January 28, 2009

THE DEAL

I was tired
Hurt
Bruises forming
I walked with as much dignity as my hurting body would allow
At least it wasn't raining anymore
Just huge icy puddles
My feet soon wet
Shoes heavy with moisture
Soon they'd be blocks of ice
I saw you coming
I just didn't want to hear
I couldn't listen
Couldn't look you in the eye
Couldn't look in your direction
Ignoring your call
I wish I hadn't
I didn't know what to do
I just didn't want to deal with you
So now it keeps me awake
I should have
Should have done something
I could have
At least
I could have listened

1 comment:

LinG said...

ohhhh!!! thank you! thank you! your writing always comfort me when i feel like .... as in right now. i love how you can be so expressive, if only i was like that. keep it up! (gr. it sounds so corny. lol.)